Work packages and deliverables
WP1: Dissemination, Exploitation, Communication and Outreach (DECO) strategy - AEIDL
- To enable a two-way communication between CODECS and its target audiences.
- To develop and implement DECO strategy.
- To organise, support and coordinate all partners in their DECO activities.
- To create, animate and coordinate knowledge sharing and peer-to-peer learning through the CODECS “Knowledge Accelerator”.
T1.1 Designing and assessing the DECO Strategy.
T1.2 Implementing DECO Strategy.
T1.3 Knowledge Accelerator.
D1.1 DECO Strategy and implementation report I.
D1.2 DECO Strategy and implementation report II.
D1.3 DECO Strategy and implementation report III.
D1.4 DECO Strategy and implementation report IV.
WP2: Fostering capabilities: towards a conceptual and operational framework - WR
- Co-create a shared vision on sustainable digitalisation based on the capability approach.
- Co-develop an assessment toolkit of digital agriculture to sustainable development,
- Develop a methodology handbook – with insights and practical instructions- that supports future innovators to realise a capability approach to sustainable digitalisation.
T2.1 Co-development of conceptual framework.
T2.2 Co-development of the CODECS methodology.
T2.3 Methodological handbook.
D2.1 Sustainable digitalisation: a Conceptual framework (draft).
D2.2 Sustainable digitalisation: a Conceptual framework (final).
D2.3 CODECS methodology handbook.
WP3: Analysis of digital ecosystems - UAL
- To describe each subsystem of the Digital Ecosystem of the Living Labs.
- To give special emphasis on potential for building capabilities of actors, actor groups and within AKIS constellations -with a set of narratives, graphical representations, criteria and indicators.
T3.1 Develop Guidelines and training modules.
T3.2 Mapping the Socio-ecological context.
T3.3 Farm Socio-technical Process Modelling of Use Cases.
T3.4 Comparative assessment of Digital Ecosystems.
D3.1 Report on Digital Ecosystems I.
D3.2 Report on Digital Ecosystems II.
D3.3 Comparative assessment of Digital Ecosystems.
WP4: Costs and benefits analysis – assessment of the potential of digital technologies in agriculture - INRAE
- To capture stakeholders’ perception of various Costs and Benefits along the 3 axes of sustainability.
- To assess the environmental, economic and social impacts of digital technologies in a participatory way.
- To facilitate a conversation on trade-offs and synergies between costs and benefits.
T4.1 Guidelines for data collection and reporting.
T4.2 Analysis of Costs and Benefits (C&B) perception.
T4.3 Analysis of Environmental costs of the use of digital technologies at farm level.
T4.4 Analysis of Economic costs and benefits.
T4.5 Analysis of Social costs and benefits.
T4.6 Multi-criteria assessment of costs and benefits.
D4.1 Synthesis report on Environmental, Economic, and Social C&B of farm digitalization, draft I.
D4.2 Synthesis report on Environmental, Economic, and Social C&B of farm digitalization, draft II.
D4.3 Synthesis report on Environmental, Economic, and Social C&B of farm digitalization, draft III.
D4.4 Synthesis report on Environmental, Economic, and Social C&B of farm digitalization, final.
WP5: Demonstration of Costs and Benefits of digitalisation and technology assessment - ACTA
- To showcase the digital technologies and demonstrate their performances regarding sustainability
- To carry out and assess new forms of demonstration
- To increase the capacity of a network of demo farms to address the issue of digitalisation
T5.1 Demo Farm network management.
T5.2 Guidelines to demonstration.
T5.3 Support to demo farms.
T5.4 Conducting on-farm demonstration activities.
T5.5 Conducting Virtual demonstration activities (Scaling Out).
T5.6. Showcasing the general performance of a digital technology.
D5.1 Handbook of demonstration of digital technologies, draft I.
D5.2 Handbook of demonstration of digital technologies, draft II.
D5.3 Handbook of demonstration of digital technologies, final.
D5.4 Synthesis report on demonstration and assessment of digital technologies, draft I.
D5.5 Synthesis report on demonstration and assessment of digital technologies, final.
WP6: Policy analysis and roadmap - BSC
- To develop an evidence-based policy strategy for a sustainable digitalisation considering alternative future scenarios, and to deliver policy recommendations.
- To review the existing policy initiatives in the field of digitalisation.
- To propose new policy tools and governance patterns to enhance farmers’ digital readiness and adoption of digital technologies, including new forms of AKIS services.
- To develop future scenarios and pathways for sustainable digitalisation.
T6.1 Analysis of policy environments in the EU.
T6.2 AKIS models for digitalisation.
T6.3 Policy foresight exercise.
T6.4 Policy recommendations.
Task 6.5 Policy tools for a sustainable digitalisation.
D6.1 Draft report on policy environments.
D6.2 Report on Policy Environments for digitalisation in Europe.
D6.3 Policy recommendations and toolbox.
WP7: CODECS platform - AUA
- Deliver a meta-inventory of digital technologies per Use Case tailored to user needs.
- Provide data storage capabilities and support to the technology set-up and deployment.
- Provide innovative tools for the demonstration of the digital technologies’ performance.
- Create an integrated digital environment for the delivery of all WP-related tools.
T7.1 CODECS platform.
T7.2 Meta-inventory of digital technologies.
T7.3 Development of data entry and storage capacities.
T7.4 Digital technology impact assessment toolkit.
T7.5 Sustainability Performance demonstration toolkit.
D7.1 CODECS platform, first release.
D7.2 CODECS platform and integrated components, update I.
D7.3 CODECS platform and integrated components, update II.
D7.4 CODECS platform and integrated components, update III.
D7.5 CODECS platform and integrated components, final.
D7.6 Digital technology assessment and demonstration toolkit, draft I.
D7.7 Digital technology assessment and demonstration toolkit, draft II.
D7.8 Digital technology assessment and demonstration toolkit, draft III.
D7.9 Digital technology assessment and demonstration toolkit, final.
WP8: Coordination – UNIPI
- To ensure efficient management, financial monitoring and reporting.
- To ensure compliance with research ethics and open science, and a proactive approach to gender dimension
- To ensure the coordination of Living Labs and monitor the learning process.
T8.1 Financial coordination, management and risk assessment (Lead: UNIPI, M1-48).
T8.2 Scientific coordination.
T8.3 Ethics, Open Science, data management and gender perspective.
T8.4 Living lab coordination.
D8.1 Data management plan.
D8.2 Data management plan, update I.
D8.3 Data management plan, update II.
D8.4 Data management plan, update III.
D8.5 Report about the Living Lab setup and results I.
D8.6 Report about the Living Lab setup and results II.